Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fate is playing tricks on me...

"Mister, I believe this is yours~"

That sweet sweet voice echoed around my head...

Jackpot!

Detailed kunoichi wear; seemingly-realistic ninja equipment; that glance... She's an angel, in ninja clothing. And she has something I nearly died for...

It seems like my luck's beginning to change already!

Taking the ticket from her hands, my excitement clouded my rationality and started being all over the place...

... and glomped her...

"HOMIGOSH! THANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!"

My heart felt like dancing for 3 seconds, until I finally thought of letting go: a little longer and she might think I'm harassing her...

If I had an 'other self,' he'd be going facepalm right now.

"OH SH*T!"

But I can't help but be totally fascinated by her outfit. She makes a really convincing kunoichi: not just her clothing, but her style as well. Wonder which character she's cosplaying? Forgetting the decency to introduce myself, my enthusiasm got the best of me as I asked:

"That's the most amazing and detailed ninja costume I've ever seen! And that kunai! It looks so real! Who are you cosplaying?"

...

...

...

Instead of an answer, I got a confused facial expression from her. Doesn't she know what I'm talking about? Or I might have scared her with my stunt earlier. (Yeah, way to go, doofus!)

!!!

There was this heavy feeling that swelled inside my chest; I felt malice, and hatred, and bloodlust, one that would torture my heart, and it's growing more and more intense by the second.

And that hatred... is being projected to... her... the one I just glomped...

"WATCH OUT!!"

Someone's out to kill her. I just know it. My instincts told me. But why are they acting up now, of all times?

I shoved the kunoichi-cosplayer, pinning her to the ground.

I felt it twice now, twice in a single day. Is fate playing tricks on me again?

...

The 'heavy feeling' stopped... only to be replaced by the feeling I do not usually feel... the WTF feeling...

This face-to-face, body-to-body experience only happens in anime, wherein either guy or girl stumbles, either accidentally or intentionally, to their love interest, pinning one on the other and gets their logic haywired for about 3 seconds or so. The haywiring of logic is also known as the WTF feeling, or the sandwich of both heaven and hell, wherein you don't know if you feel wrong, or right, or both.

I haven't viewed a girl's face this close before... Is it me or are her cheeks getting redder?

And angrier... oh no...

Yep, my 'other self' is currently doing the headdesk.

~Shinji Masato


No comments:

Post a Comment