Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fate is showing me something...

A second ago, all I can hear is the crowd...

Then, they all went mute, hearing only two rhythmic pulses going faster and faster...

Are they... heartbeats?

One's mine, no mistaking it. But the other... can it be hers...?

Time froze at that very moment. It's like everyone else just stopped, leaving me and her ensnared by each others' glance...

Those eyes... Wait... I've seen them somewhere before...

The moon...

The fireflies...

The buzzing of the cicadas...

Her kind face...

And those eyes...

My hands holding her close...

This close...

Fingertips gliding through my cheeks...

Her face moving closer...

Closer...

Closer...

And a whisper...

"Aishiteiru..."

I felt it. I sure did. It seemed so real...

And she's going for a kiss.... A KISS...

...

...

...

I closed my eyes... readying my soul for this kiss... only to be spoiled the crowd noise coming back; and time began to flow again...

What was fate showing me? Is she somehow related to me? Or am I just hallucinating...

So, where was I? Still on that position... Opening my eyes again, I see her... and she does not look happy. Is it me,or am I making the face of someone who's asking for it? Yep, that's the octopus face alright... Ho boy, my 'other self' may want to kill me....

!

She judo'd me...! Or was it jujitsu? Either way, I'm in a world of hurt... She's breaking my arm! Man!

I was about to shout 'uncle' when I heard an applause... She stopped punishing my arm and pulled me on my feet.

Wait... the people rounded up for us? They might've thought we're having an exhibition...

She let go of my hand and bowed to the people...

I, on the other hand, am feeling a heavy head, and cold sweat. I'm pretty sure that I felt a needle poking my shoulder after I pinned her.

I checked the back of my shoulder, and I couldn't be more right...

... and all went black...

~Shinji Masato

No comments:

Post a Comment